After water, tea is the most popular drink on the planet. And every different region has a different recipe of making tea.
Yes, even home to home, the recipe of tea changes. So today, I will tell you some famous tea recipes from different regions.
Every country has its own tea culture and recipe, China is the first country who introduce tea to the world.
And slowly and gradually, tea gained popularity. And spread worldwide and became a part of our daily life.
So let’s know the different ways to drink tea and also the different ways to prepare it.
1. English breakfast tea
Tea is a very old practice in England and became popular in England in the 17th century by King Charles second.
But at that time, tea was so expensive. It is only possible for higher-class people to afford it.
People with low incomes can’t afford it due to heavy taxes. But, with the time when tax reduces, it becomes affordable for everyone. And become an essential part of their lives.
How to make English breakfast tea-
- Take fresh water and boil it (never re-boiled; it hampers the taste).
- Weigh your tea leaves ( 2.5grams of leaves for every 120ml).
- Place the infuser/stainer into the pot/cup and pour water ( the water temperature should be 95to100 degrees celsius ).
- Let it infuse for 5 mint( avoid over brewing) and pour it into a cup.
- Add sugar and milk according to your taste.
And your English breakfast tea is ready.
2. Indian masala chai
Do you know? That India is the second-largest tea producer and consumer of tea globally. India consumes half of its grown tea.
The tea Indian drink s is called masala chai. In this tea, some spices are also used to enhance the flavor of the tea.
Let’s know the recipe.
How to make Indina masala chai
- Take 1 ½ cup of water, boil it for about a minute, and add 3to4 teaspoons of tea (you can reduce the quantity if you don’t prefer a strong cup).
- Let it boil, and add your crushed spices (cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick)
- Simmer it for a minute and add milk and sugar and again boil it for a moment.
- And your masala chai is ready for serving.
3. Russian tea
Tea is an essential part of Russian culture and life.
How to make Russian tea
- Take a pan and add water, lemon/orange, spices like clove and cinnamon, and water.
- Let it boil for 2-4 minutes, and turn off the heat.
- Add your tea(black tea is preferable)and give time to infuse and release color and flavor for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and re-boil it.
- Before serving, add sugar, and your hot Russian tea is ready.
4. Moroccan tea
Moroccan tea is a green tea with mint; it is also known as Maghrebi tea. This mint tea is very refreshing has no calories, and helps detox.
How to make Moroccan tea
- Boil the water, green tea, mint leaves, and sugar with low heat.
- Simar it until the tea reduces by half.
- Strain the tea into cups, and Moroccan tea is ready.
5. Japanese Macha tea
Macha is finely ground green tea and the leaves used in Macha are specially grown and have many health benefits.
How to make Japanese Matcha tea
- Take ¾ teaspoon of matcha powder in a bowl( traditionally, matcha is served in a bowl).
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cold water and whisk it until it gets foamy.
- Add hot water or milk and honey, and your Japanese matcha tea is ready.
I hope you like my post about recipes for tea from different regions. If you got bored with your regular tea, go with this new recipe. Your taste buds will like these different flavors.