How to prepare black tea? It’s not at all a big task. All you need to do is infuse your tea leaves in a cup of warm water, and your black tea is ready.
Wait! Are you still find it difficult? Let me explain it step by step.
Black tea is the most common and easy-to-make beverage. Preparing a cup of black tea doesn’t require any effort but it provides a lot of health benefits.
It is a full of fermented tea which makes it different from green and oolong tea. Due to its different manufacturing and fermentation process black tea poses a very distinct flavor and character than other teas.
We have talked a lot about black tea and black tea types let’s come back to our main topic the recipe of making black tea.
How to make black tea at home
To make black tea, we only need two things warm water and black tea, and your tea will be ready in 5 minutes.
Things we need to make black tea –
Steps of making black tea
- Boil the water
Heat the water when it starts to boil; turn off the flame. ( Each tea needs a different temperature black tea need boiling water at 100 degree Celsius).
- Measure the tea
2.5 grams of tea leaves (1tea spoon) for every 120 ml of water.
Infuse the tea for 5 minutes ( don’t extend the time; it will make your tea bitter).
- Strain the tea
Strain the tea and separate the tea leaves after 5 minutes.
- Add sugar
Add sugar to enhance the flavor. And your black tea is ready.
Black tea with lemon
To make black tea with lemon repeat the process of making black tea that I have mentioned above and just add the lemon juice at the end and your black tea with lemon will be ready. And this recipe is also good for weight loss.
Black tea recipe with cinnamon
To make black tea with cinnamon follow these steps.
- Take 120ml of water into a pan and add one stick of cinnamon and let boil.
- When it starts to boil turn off the flame.
- Add about 2.5 grams of tea.
- Cover the pan and let the tea infuse for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes strain the tea into a cup.
- Add the sugar according to taste and your black tea with cinnamon is ready.
Iced black tea recipe
Iced tea is a refreshing and healthy drink for summer. It Is a perfect drink to quench our thirst and replenish the lost energy.
How to make iced black tea
- Black tea
- Start with boiling your water when it starts to boil turn off the flame and add your tea leaves.
- Infuse the leaf for about 5 minutes and avoid over brewing it will make your tea bitter.
- After 5 minutes sieve the tea leaves and put the liquor in the freezer and let it chill about an hour.
- After 1 hour add ice cubes, lemon juice and honey to sweeten your tea and your iced tea is ready to serve.
- Serve the tea with sliced lemon and mint leaf.
Recipe of black tea
- fillterd water
- Boil the waterHeat the water when it starts to boil; turn off the flame. ( Each tea needs a different temperature black tea need boiling water at 100 degree Celsius).
- Measure the tea2.5 grams of tea leaves (1tea spoon) for every 120 ml of water.
- InfuseInfuse the tea for 5 minutes ( don’t extend the time; it will make your tea bitter).
- Strain the teaStrain the tea and separate the tea leaves after 5 minutes.
- Add sugarAdd sugar to enhance the flavor.
How to make black tea at home step-by-step process
- take a pan, add water for about 1 and a half cups and let it boil. Once it starts to boil turn off the flame.
- Add 2.5 grams of tea.
- cover the pan and let the tea infuse for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes your tea is ready to serve.
- take a cup and strain the tea in it.
- Then add sugar to enhance the flavor and It is ready.
Things to avoid while making black tea
To make a perfect cup of black tea it is very important to take care of these mistakes.
- Avoid over brewing, every tea has different time limits of brewing if we exceed that time it causes over brewing and makes the tea taste bitter.
- Water temperature it is very essential to take care of the water temperature while brewing our tea. Every tea needs a different water temperature, for some tea we need boiling water but for some tea, we only need warm water.
- The water you are using for your tea also plays a vital role. So, making tea with filtered water is very ideal.
Why does my tea taste bitter?
It can be due to over-brewing, stop over brewing it will not taste bitter.
Is black tea bitter?
Not at all black tea doesn’t taste bitter; CTC has a robust and brisk taste (many people find it bitter, but it is the natural taste of CTC which is why we add sugar and milk to CTC tea), and orthodox tea has a mild sweet taste. If your tea tastes bitter, you are not following the proper brewing instructions.
Why does my tea taste metallic?
There can be many reasons like a manufacturing defect, your tea is old or you are not storing it well; that’s why your tea tastes metallic.
What are the ingredients of black tea?
We only need boiling hot water and black tea leaves.
Should you boil black tea?
No, absolutely not we should not boil any tea, not only black. It will hamper the taste always avoid boiling your tea.